Friday, June 30, 2017

Multiple Projects

Well, sometimes you have to be careful what you wish for: I wanted to paint more colorful clothing, and I got my wish with Caitlyn's beautiful paisley print dress. But, wow— the detail is tricky!

Caitlyn, © 2017, (America series) work in progress (click on image for larger view)

I went just a little further on this one:

Atlantic Ocean Series #11, Dawn Phase, © 2017, work in progress (click on image for larger view)

And then there are two paintings that I just had to rework. I had mixed some painting medium in with the last layer of raw sienna on this panel, and it seemed stickier than I was comfortable with. I'm always worried about archival quality, and am certain there would have been problems with surface cracking sometime down the road, so I soaked a rag in mineral spirits and wiped the last layer off. Here is the latest version, with a new layer of just plain yellow ochre:

The Chair, © 2017, work in progress

And lastly, the size of the figure just looked too small and lost on this one, so I scaled it up.

Mehri, © 2017, (America series) work in progress (click on image for larger view)






No comments:

Post a Comment