Wednesday, March 6, 2019

Bits And Pieces

All of my brushes are shot; with the exception of a single size 4, not one of them will hold a point. I await a delivery from Dick Blick, which is usually very speedy. I only ordered yesterday, so I'm not expecting a miracle, but in the meantime I'm making do with the #4.

I was very bad and slept in this morning. We're in the middle of very very cold weather and after I fed the birds I just dove back into bed under the big puffy blanket and stayed there. Not much painting got done today, but here is what did happen:

4th Street, © 2019, work in progress (click on image for larger view)

4th Street needs to go darker, it's too pastel. After it dries a bit, I'm going to pencil in some of that missing middle-ground detail.

Coming Of Age In The Year 2018, © 2019, work in progress (click on image for larger view)

 Decided to establish some of the more obvious water currents on the right side—darker ones rather than light, because the lighter places might be left unpainted.

No comments:

Post a Comment