Monday, March 4, 2019

I Struggle With Doubts

I've spent some time recently worrying about my art. It doesn't look like anybody else's. There are professional organizations I'd like to apply to, but the work I see from their members is either heavily impressionistic or photo realistic. My stuff isn't either. A friend or two are trying to persuade me to do less detailed, looser painting. I really don't know what to do.

I'm listening to a podcast interview with an artist whose work I admire, but in the meantime, I tackled the wigs painting this morning and did some more on the little homage to Vermeer's "Officer And Laughing Girl."

Wigs And Shades, © 2019, work in progress (click on image for larger view) 
 
Tuesday, © 2019, work in progress (click on image for larger view)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment