Tuesday, March 5, 2019

Upcoming

Last week I stupidly missed the deadline for a show I wanted to enter, so now I'm trying to convince myself that this is not such a bad thing; I'll just find something else to apply to. Right away I discovered a better show (it's in New York City instead of my local suburban habitat) and the entry fee is the same amount of $$.

The daily mail produced another opportunity: an advertisement for a national artists' magazine show. It has two categories that I could conceivably apply for— figurative and still life. But I'd have to get busy and really work my behind off for the next four weeks.

This is one I'd consider entering in the figurative category, but it sure needs a lot of work.

The Promise Of Evening, © 2019, work in progress (click on image for larger view)
 
There's a lot of blending to do; some hard edges that need to be softened; detail work on the curtains and quilt, etc. I did paint some on the curtains and window frames and blouse today.

No comments:

Post a Comment