Thursday, March 7, 2019

More Twigs and Glazing

I do love those red glazes. And brushing in shadowy areas around and behind the twigs. I want to finish establishing the background areas so I can indulge myself with painting the tiny berries that nestle in the branches. That'll be a two-part operation; dark dots first, then the highlights. This is the kind of thing that makes me happy! Is that weird?

The Gauntlet, © 2019, work in progress (click on image for larger view)

Meanwhile, I darkened some more of the shadow areas on this one, particularly under and on the side of the fire extinguisher. Then I looked really hard at the corner inside the box on the lower right and painted it the way it really is, instead of the mistaken way I had originally done it.

  In Case Of Emergency, © 2019, work in progress (click on image for larger view)

It's a long, hard slog getting all of these details right. 

Yesterday afternoon I worked on this, but direct sunlight on the canvas caused some problems, and I just messed around until I gave up. At least the right side is getting warmer.

A Farm At Dusk, © 2019, work in progress (click on image for larger view)





No comments:

Post a Comment