Tuesday, March 19, 2019

How To Deal With Tiny Branches?

One of my favorite contemporary artists is Peter Poskas, and I went to look at a book of his landscapes to try to figure out how to paint the tiny terminal branches on trees but Poskas's paintings are larger on the average than the little 12" x 16" I'm working on. So, he can use a small brush and paint them in; I've tried using a really ratty splayed brush to dry-brush in some scattered lines, but it didn't work. Now I'm trying to just smudge the treetop tip areas, and next time will use a 000 for the lines.

Meanwhile, I did put down that violet glaze I've been talking about on the lawn; also messed around with some detail but it didn't work well so I wiped most of it off. It's been a disappointing session.

L'Auberge Provencale, February, © 2019, work in progress (click on image for larger view)

No comments:

Post a Comment