Thursday, March 21, 2019

Re-Painting

I am not the brightest bulb on the string; sometimes it takes me a while to see the obvious.

Two paintings that I completed last year have been bothering me, and recently I've decided to make changes to them. The first one, Selfies, is a pretty good piece, but those black window frame bars have always been a problem. I finally figured out that if I remove that central horizontal bar, you can see the activity much better, and by leaving the other bars in place, you still understand that you're looking through a window.

Selfies, © 2019, work in progress again (click on image for larger view)
Repainting what's behind that bar is all guesswork, though: this is the only photo I took of the place as I strolled by. 
Likewise, the blown-out light areas on this one really bothered me, so I went back and painted in a little detail, mostly on the white chrysanthemum. And I redrew and painted the legs of the woman dancing in the upper-right hand corner. Still not quite satisfied with her foot.
Everyone Is On The Dance Floor, © 2019, work in progress (click on image for larger view)

No comments:

Post a Comment