Wednesday, July 31, 2019

Cruising

I did finally get my act together this morning and settled down to work early. Now time for a lunch break.

Re-doing this painting is going to take a while, as I keep finding areas that need to be lightened or darkened or just plain refined. I have a show in mind for it, though, sometime in the next couple of months, so I'd better pay more attention to it.

Selfies, © 2019, work in progress (click on image for larger view)
 
Last week, I sent a copy of this next one to a trusted friend and asked for his advice about the multi-pebbled sidewalk. He thought it was too distracting (so did I) and since that reinforced my concern I painted it back today. It does need some scuffing up; it is a New York City sidewalk, after all... but I'll get to that the next time around. I also evened out some of the horizontal lines on the window frame.
 
The Gauntlet, © 2019, work in progress (click on image for larger view)
 
And finally, I adjusted the halo around the moon. But it might be too subtle now!
 
Variations On A Theme #5, © 2019, work in progress (click on image for larger view)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment