Sunday, July 7, 2019

Trying Not To Slack Off

It is a holiday weekend, and I have an excuse (if I want it) for not painting, but I feel guilty. So I worked on two more this evening.

The texture of the Crème Brûlée is a bit of a challenge, but fun to work on. The bumps on the surface are rounded, and the squiggles that reflect light have to be painted (with a very small brush) as curved. Also. I'm trying not to disturb the underlayers of earth tones and orange and yellow so there's some depth.

Crème Brûlée, Guilty Pleasures Series, © 2019, work in progress (click on image for larger view)
 
And it turns out that this one shares the same color palette as the marbled surface ones I worked on earlier, so I was able to use more of the paint already squeezed out.
 
  Chocolate Mousse, Guilty Pleasures Series, © 2019, work in progress (click on image for larger view)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment